DanceChance Facts, 2014
- Francia Russell began DanceChance in 1994 with four partner schools in Seattle.
- Currently, DanceChance has 20 partner schools in the Seattle School District.
- DanceChance screened 1500 third grade students this year.
- 83 third and fourth grade students enrolled in DanceChance this past fall.
- 28% of students speak a language other than English at home, with 6 languages represented.
- 75% of students enrolled are from minority backgrounds.
- 42 DanceChance students are enrolled in Levels 3–Professional Division of the School.
- Scholarships for DanceChance I and II students cost a total of $88,000 for the year.
- Transportation costs for the year will total $45,000.
- Classroom teachers at the partner schools reported 48% of students improved in their self-esteem while participating in DanceChance. Teachers also reported that 62%of students improved in their interest in the arts.
- Parents of DanceChance students reported that 63% of students improved in their positive body-image and 48% of students improved in their attitude towards school.
- 100% of parents reported that their students had a positive experience in DanceChance.
Many DanceChance graduates have gone on to professional careers, including the following:
Carlos Cruz: Oregon Ballet Theater
Quinn Wharton, San Francisco Ballet, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
Ken Mankin: Kansas City Ballet II, Ballet Austin, Ballet Met II
Eric Hipolito: Pacific Northwest Ballet, Ballet Arizona
Alice Cao: Ballet Memphis, American Repertory Ballet, Singapore Dance Theatre
Anders Southerland: Houston Ballet II
Enrico Hipolito: Ballet West II
Angeli Mamon: Pacific Northwest Ballet
Enrollment numbers of DanceChance students, 20142015
|Seattle DanceChance I
|Seattle DanceChance II
Seattle Partner Schools
Beacon Hill International
Martin Luther King
South Shore K-8