Frequently Asked Questions
What Performances are Best For Children?
Do you have Helpful Hints About Attending the Ballet with Children?
Does PNB Offer Ticket Discounts for Children?
Many of Pacific Northwest Ballet's performances are wonderfully suited to school-age children.
Parents know their children best. Kids who can sit quietly through a movie generally do well at a theatre performance.
- Preparing Ahead makes a more enriching experience. You can find out a lot about the performance you are attending before coming to the theatre. Look for performance information, images, videos, dancer interviews, and stories on the season pages for the performance you are attending.
- Booster Seats and Binoculars are available just off of the main entry lobby (Kreielsheimer Promenade) and ushers can help guide you there. Booster seats are intended for children or patrons shorter than 5 feet on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a $5 rental fee for binoculars.
- What to Wear? Some people enjoy making their visit to the ballet a dress-up occasion, but many others dress casually. Most importantly, wear something you are comfortable in, and enjoy the performance!
- Meals & Snacks. Full meal service is available at the Prelude restaurant up to 2 hours prior to performances, and no reservations are necessary. Food and beverages are not allowed in the auditorium.
- Viewing from the Lobby Children who are having difficulty watching and listening quietly during the performance may leave with an accompanying adult through the nearest exit and view the performance on monitors in the McCaw Hall Lobby.
- Check out our Plan Your Visit section of this site, for more details on performance location, the gift shop, dining and facilities.
Adults and children of every age must have their own ticket to attend a Pacific Northwest Ballet performance. However, a variety of ticket discounts are available for children and familes. Please click the links below for full details.
- PNB offers up to 10% off Nutcracker tickets for ages 012. Please call the Box Office at 206.441.2424 for more information.
- Teen Tix. If you are 13-19 years old, you can join Teen Tix and purchase tickets to Pacific Northwest Ballet performances and other local music, dance, theatre and art events for only $5 (excludes Nutcracker and special events).
- Student Rush Tickets. Half price rush tickets are available to students beginning 90 minutes prior to curtain time at the McCaw Hall Box Office (excludes Nutcracker and special events).
Additional questions? Please email email@example.com