Kayti Bouljon with PNBS students.
Photo by Rex Tranter
Pacific Northwest Ballet School
2014 TEACHERS’ SEMINAR
April 9-12, 2014
Bringing dance educators together for a total-immersion experience, Pacific Northwest Ballet School’s Teachers’ Seminar presents expert presentations in dance training, philosophies, and practical practices with tickets to Pacific Northwest Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Participants experience an insider’s view of PNBS’ programs for students ages 2 to professional.
- Discussions and Demonstrations of PNB School syllabus and teaching methodology
PNB School Faculty
- Engaging Young Dancers (ages 4-7)
Kayti Bouljon, Manager, Community Education Programs and PNBS Faculty Member
- Costuming on a Limited Budget
Larae Hascall, PNB Costume Shop Manager
- Fostering Emerging Choreographic Talent
Kiyon Gaines, PNB Soloist and Next Step Coordinator
- Marketing Strategies for Ballet Schools: Print, Digital, Social Media, and More
Lia Chiarelli, Associate Director of Marketing
- Injury Screening and Prevention
Nancy J. Kadel, MD, Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; Chair, Dance/USA Task Force on Dancer Health; International Association of Dance Medicine (IADMS) elected Board Member
- Discussions with PNB Consultants
Peggy Swistak, M.S., R.D., C.D., Nutritionist, and Toby Diamond, Ph.D., Psychologist
- How to Get Boys to Your School & How to Keep Them; “Threads: A Journey of Boys who Dance”
Timothy Lynch, PNB Faculty Member
- Pre-Performance Lecture: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Doug Fullington, Education Programs Manager and Assistant to the Artistic Director
- Performance: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Exchange ideas and make new connections at PNB’s dance training facility, the Phelps Center. Attendees will also enjoy PNB’s performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream with a backstage tour of McCaw Hall.
FULL FOUR DAY SEMINAR COST = $700
INDIVIDUAL DAYS = $200
2014 Registration Form - Click Here
2014 Complete Seminar Schedule - Click Here
for more info.