PNBS Tots, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, Levels I-VIII
- Pink and flesh colored tights are welcomed. Tights should be matte (not shiny or Lycra), with no holes and worn without underwear.
- Leather ballet slippers that match the color of the tights (single elastics, no criss-crossed elastics).
- Leotard (color appropriate for the Level; see color chart below)
- Mid-length to long hair is required to be pulled back into a neat bun and fastened securely using pins and a hair net. Short hair needs to be fastened away from face. Students/parents must be responsible for the necessary supplies to have hair done before class time.
- Pointe shoes are required for Level IV-VIII (Freed preferred; personal fittings are scheduled by PNB School each fall). Pointe shoe color should align with tights.
CD Boys, Pre-Ballet Boys, IC-IVC, Intermediate C, Advanced C
- Short-sleeved white leotard (clean, snug-fitting white t-shirts acceptable for Level VII and above)
- Black tights. No short cut-off tights or shorts are permitted at any time for any class or rehearsal.
- Thin white crew-length dance socks (no tube socks)
- White ballet shoes
- Dance belts are required for Level I and above.
- Men must wear shirts or leotard at all times.
Please note: Do not use fabric softeners when laundering dance attire; it damages studio floors.
- All hair is required to be pulled back into a neat bun if possible and fastened securely using pins and a hair net. Short hair needs to be fastened away from face. Students/parents must be responsible for the necessary supplies to have hair done before class time. No headbands, bandanas, or other headwear which interferes with class.
Leotards for PNB School Fall 2022 Classes
We are pleased to announce we have partnered with Só Dança as our new supplier for official PNB School leotards. These beautiful, affordable, and sustainable PNBS-logo leotards are designed to suit PNBS’ dress requirement standards and create a uniform appearance in the classroom.
All students in PNB Tots, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, and Levels I-VIII are required to wear the Só Dança brand PNBS leotard in the appropriate color assigned to each level. Students not meeting the required dress code will be restricted from participation in class.
Fitted, white PNBS dance shirts by Só Dança are also available for male identifying students.
Leotards and dance shirts may be purchased at On Pointe Dancewear or Empire Dance.
PNBS Tots: Black
Creative Movement: White
Level I: Light Pink
Level II: Light Blue
Level III: Light Lilac
Level IV: Sky Blue
Level V: Dark Purple
Level VI: Celestine Blue
Level VII: Tropic Green
Level VIII: Navy
All C-designated classes: White
PDs Identifying as Female:
- Black Leotard for Technique, Pointe, Pas de Deux, and Extended Curriculum classes;
- White Leotard and white pointe skirt for Variations class
- Pink or flesh colored Tights; Technique Shoes should align with the color of the tights. Tights must not have runs or holes; no shorts or cut-off tights.
- Pointe shoes (Freed preferred; personal fittings are scheduled each fall)
- Leotard Guidelines: No excessively low or criss-crossed backs, sparkle, Lycra, contrast or patterned materials. Same color velvet allowed as edge trim on leotards.
PDs Identifying as Male:
- Short-sleeved or tank-style white leotard, or white fitted dance t-shirt
- Black tights
- White dance socks
- White technique shoes
Saturday and Theater for PDs:
- Black or pastel colors for female dancers
- Male dancers are permitted to wear plain colored tshirts (no graphics or writing)
- No cut off tights are permitted to be worn by males or females
Next Step for PDs:
Dress code or attire that allows safe movement and execution of company choreography (ie. Sweats, socks, tshirts)
Extended Curriculum Classes (Level IV-VIII and PD)
- Women’s Variations:
- Level VI & VII – regular level leotard and black skirt
- Level VIII & PD – white leotard and white pointe skirt
- Pas de Deux: black tights permitted
- Jazz – jazz or technique shoes, black tights permitted
- Modern – technique shoes or bare foot, black tights permitted
- Seminars and Music – street clothes
Additional Dress Code Guidelines
- No shirts, legwarmers, skirts, etc., may be worn.
- Jewelry should be minimal: small earrings and watches at the teachers’ discretion. NO facial jewelry (nose rings, etc.).
- Shoes should be neatly sewn with like color thread. NO safety pins.
- Dancewear is to be kept laundered and in good repair. Any holes should be mended with same color thread.
- Please mark clothing, shoes and dance bags with the student’s name and class level. Extended curriculum dress code requirements are mandatory as announced.
- Dress Code must be adhered to in all Company rehearsals.