Pacific Northwest Ballet’s Company audition season will be January –March 2018
Pacific Northwest Ballet has adopted the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines for Company auditions.
An applicant is required to submit the following material only:
- a video with no introduction or complex editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight-fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertory, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertory, phrases from classwork, or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of center work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- a CV
- a head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
Materials may be submitted to Doug Fullington, Assistant to Peter Boal, at email@example.com
Dance students are encouraged to audition for the Pacific Northwest Ballet School Professional Division. For information about the PNBS National Audition Tour, please visit the School section of the PNB website.